Tuesday 10 June 2008

Euro 2008 - Croatia

Next up, it's Croatia. Croatia are off to a good start, with a 1-0 win over Austria the other night. Unless something goes pretty wrong in the next couple of games, I expect to see Croatia get through the first group stage.

When I think of Croatian food, I remember the fantastic seafood I had in Dubrovnik. Dubrovnik is a pretty amazing place if you ever get the chance to go there. The other thing I remember about Croatia is their excellent beer (or pivo if you're in Croatia).

If you're looking for somewhere to celebrate a big win by the Croatian boys, or just want to try something a bit different, head to Misho's at Taringa. Misho's was a popular place to eat at Ashgrove for years and years, and has recently moved to Taringa. The menu at Misho's includes seafood buzara (scallops, prawns, mussels and fish, poached in champagne with lemon and olive oil - $17), snails cooked in grape brandy, wine and creamy garlic sauce, served on toast ($15), beef pasticada (beef larded with bacon, garlic and carrots, poached in red wine vinegar and port, served with fried gnocchi - $28) or monkfish and strudel (baked monkfish medallions served with prawn and dill strudel on tomato coulis - $32).

I've never made it to Misho's before, but the menu sure sounds tempting. I'm adding it to my never-ending list of places to try out. Misho's is open for lunch and dinner. It's BYO wine only, with a $2 per person corkage charge.

Restaurant Misho's
Shop 1, 186 Moggill Road
Taringa 4068
P - 07 3870 2255



No comments: