Monday 17 March 2008

Kitchen Nightmares

Although Food Safari is still my favourite food show on TV at the moment (even if it is repeats), I've been finding Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares pretty entertaining.

When I was living in London we were lucky enough to have dinner at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, his Michelin three starred restaurant. It's still far and away the best food experience I've had anywhere, so he sure knows how to put a restaurant together.

Anyway, Kitchen Nightmares makes for great TV - Gordon is never short of an opinion, and keeps nagging away at the poor chefs and owners until they see the light (ie his ideas). My favourite part of every episode is when the chefs cook their first meal for the great Mr Ramsay. Usually they are completely petrified.

Although it pretty much sticks to the same formula every week, Ramsay's personality carries the show. If you haven't seen an episode, tune in on Channel 9 at 8.30 on Thursday nights. Be warned though, Ramsay swears a lot, but it just adds to the appeal of the show for me. There is also Kitchen Nightmares USA on Tuesday nights at the same time, but I can't stand the American series.

Here's a link to last week's episode, if you haven't seen it before. Plenty of the episodes have been posted on YouTube if you've missed them.

No comments: