Thursday 11 March 2010

Italian Food Safari

When it comes to food related shows on TV, Food Safari is my favourite, hands down. Over the years Maeve O'Meara has done a fantastic job of presenting cuisines from countries as diverse as Mauritius to Mexico.

Although I was sad to see that tonight was the last episode of Matthew Evans' Gourmet Farmer, I was over the moon to find out that it was being replaced with a new series of Food Safari. And just for something different, there's a twist with this series - it's all Italian. Guy Grossi from Grossi Florentino will be joining Maeve every week to tell us all there is to know about Italian food. I can't wait - tune in for the first episode next Thursday night at 7.30pm on SBSONE.

If you do happen to watch the new Italian Food Safari, make sure you keep watching at 8pm for the new series of Costa's Garden Odyssey. I'm hoping the second series will be just as interesting as the first - Costa is a very entertaining host.

Italian Food Safari
Thursday 18 March 2010, 7.30pm SBSONE
W - http://www.sbs.com.au/food/foodsafari

Costa's Garden Odyssey
Thursday 18 March 2010, 8pm SBSONE
W - http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/costa/about/page/i/2/show/costa

2 comments:

Gastronomy Gal said...

woo hoo! Love Food Safari and love the newish Food Safari cook book!

Sarah said...

My 2 favourite shows!! I'll be watching!